- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
How to Slow Cook Pork Chops in the Oven
How do like this recipe:
Easy and Simple Pork Recipe for Busy People:
This pork recipe is ideal for busy people. It takes hours to cook but less than 10 minutes of your time because the oven will help to do most of the work. All you have to do is marinate the pork of your choice, let it sit in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit, then go do whatever you need to do and come back in about 4 - 5 hours and you will have a very tender pork meal for the day. You can use slow cooker, oven, or simmer in large stock pot to achieve the similar result.
My family loves the tender BBQ pork, but I don't always have the time to do BBQ. So I came up this alternative way to satisfy my family's request. I usually turn on the oven shortly after lunch and I would have the juicy and tender BBQ pork ready by dinner time. Here is my easy recipe for a BBQ pork meal for my family with the help of an oven:
- 4-5 lbs Pork Shoulder Butt
- 1 tbsp Salt, or less depending on the size of the pork
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder, or less depending on the size of the pork
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove any fat from the pork. Don't worry if you can't remove all the fat because you can still do so after the pork is cooked. Marinate the pork with salt and garlic powder or any other ingredients of your choice in a deep container. No need to add water or other liquid.
- Cover the container.
- Put the container inside the oven and let it sit for 4-5 hours. You can cook it longer if you want. You will see a lot of liquid in the container after the hours of cooking the pork.
- Remove any unwanted fat and bone.
- Warm up BBQ sauce in a large skillet, then add in the pork.
- Serve the BBQ pork with the food you like. It goes well with almost everything.
How to Stir Fry Onion
My family loves eating stir fried onion because the onion is sweet after it is cooked. No need to add any sugar. Here is how:
- Cut an onion into small strips,
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a large skillet and add in the onion,
- Immediately add in 1/2 tbsp soy sauce,
- Stir and cook for 2-4 minutes. The longer you cook, the softer onion you will get.
Using the Remaining Pork Stock to Make Mash Potato
The pork stock that is left in the container is perfect for making mash potato. Here are the steps:
- Use a mesh sieve to remove any oil or fatty stuff that flows on the stock,
- Wash the potatoes and remove the skin if necessary,
- Slice the potatoes into thin pieces,
- Add the potato pieces into the container that holds the stock and put it back into the oven. Bake for 15 - 30 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Or you can transfer the stock into a stock pot, add in the pieces of potato and boil them for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Smash the potato and season it with salt, garlic powder, basil and/or parsley flakes. Adding butter to the mash potato will make it even tastier but will increase the calorie and fat.
Slow Cook Pork with A Stock Pot
Here is how to use a stock pot to cook the pork:
- In a large stock pot, boil water that is just enough to cover up the pork.
- Add the pork into the pot,
- Lower the heat to medium until the water is boiled again,
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 4 hours. Make sure the pot is covered with a lid for the whole time.
- Carefully transfer the pork onto a large plate or skillet before adding in BBQ sauce. Use a large mesh sieve to help if needed because the meat will be very tender and easy to fall apart by then.