- Food and Cooking
How to make Soft Chapati or Indian bread or Roti Indian style Recipe
Soft Chapati or Roti Indian style Recipe
Recipe - Introduction
Today we are going to prepare soft chapati or flat indian bread or Roti in Indian style. Main ingredient used in this recipe is Atta (wheat flour). If you have whole wheat grain, better to grid it yourselves and then use it. By this way you would get complete health benefit of wheat.
Before getting into the cooking details, lets see the benefits of Wheat.
Benefits of Wheat flour:
- Controls Obesity
- Improves body metabolism
- Prevents Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduces Chronic Inflammation
- Prevents Gallstones
- Protective Against Breast Cancer
- Prevents Childhood Asthma
- Protects Against Coronary Diseases
- Improves Cardiovascular System in Postmenopausal Women:
- Prevents Heart Attack
If you are susceptible to allergic reactions, whole wheat consumption can enhance your allergies, such as hives, itching, skin rash, and eczema. Thus, it is advised to check with your physician to be sure that you are not allergic.
Above Health benefits & Caution - referred source URL: http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/cereal/wheat.html
Let us see how to prepare Soft Chapati or Indian bread or Roti.
Soft Chapati or Indian bread or Roti
Main ingredient - Whole wheat flour
- 3 cup Whole Wheat flour
- Refined Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Milk
- Take a large bowl. Put the given quantity of flour, salt and milk.
- Pour water little by little in the bowl and gather to form soft pliable dough.
- Once it is gathered to a mass, add 1/2 tsp oil and knead it once. The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.
- Close the lid and place the dough aside for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes knead the dough again and make lemon sized ball. Size of the ball is based on your preference.
- Place one ball on the pressing board and dust little flour over it.
- Start to roll. Roll gently by flipping the dough now and then and also by dusting with little flour.
- Roll the dough till it becomes thin.
- Place a non stick tawa on a medium flame. When the tawa is hot put one prepared thin dough on it and wait till small bubbles appear, then flip to other side wait for few minutes till golden spots appear.
- Brush with little oil or ghee on the chapati while you flip. Also follow the images shown below for the making of chapati.
- Shift to a separate plate once it is cooked. Maintain only in a low flame otherwise the chapati may get burnt.
- Similarly make all the Soft Chapatis. It can also be folded while serving. Serve with any gravy or curry.