- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to cook Beef with Broccoli
Today, let's make quick and easy Beef with Broccoli. Ideal for those who are tired from work yet wants to cook to ensure that their food is safe, tasty, and healthy. I often encounter this dish on Chinese Restaurants and really like it. When I found out about how easy it is to make then I simply must share it. Now let's get started.
Did you like this recipe?
- 3/4 kilo beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1-2 bunch broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, (for marinade)
- 2 tbsp mirin, (for marinade)
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper, (for marinade)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, (for sauce)
- 1 tbsp minin, (for sauce)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, (for sauce)
- 1/2 cube beef broth cube, dissolved in 1/2 cup water (for sauce)
- Combine marinade ingredients, marinade beef for 15 mins.
2. While marinading, get a pot, fill halfway with water, boil. While waiting for for water to boil, start preparing your broccoli, be patient, cut one clove at a time starting from the sides until you reach the center.
3. When water boils, put in broccoli for only 1 - 1 1/2 mins. Drain, leave pot in running water.
4. While waiting for your broccoli to cool down, assemble your sauce.
5. All the above steps would have taken 15 mins, now your marinaded beef is ready. Get a fry pan and cook beef until tender.
6. When beef is tender, add sauce mixture and cornstarch mixture.
7. On boil, add broccoli, stir until sauce thickens. Adjust with salt and pepper to your preference.
8. Serve with rice. Enjoy.