- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Recipe for Potato-lentil Soup
About Potato-lentil Soup
Potato-lentil soup is a mixed soup made from ingredients usually used for a potato soup (without mushrooms), which is very popular in Czech republic, and added lentils.This mixed version of a potato soup is still kind of uncommon, though.
Preparation of Potato-lentil soup is easy and the soup is healthy because fresh vegetable is needed to cook this soup. Its taste is really unique and it can quickly become your favorite soup for lunches.
- 1 middle-sized onion, cut into small cubes
- Half of 1 leek, cut into thin slices
- A few slices of butter, for frying
- 5 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 middle-sized parsley root, cut into small cubes
- 1 middle-sized carrot, cut into small cubes
- 4 slices of celery root, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of lentils, soaked in water
- 1 cube of beef bouillon
- 1 spoon of Marjoram
- A few leaves of chives, cut into small pieces
- Parsley, cut into small pices
- 1,5l - 2,5l of Water
Some of ingredients
- For cooking the soup use a large cooking pot. Pour a cut onion and butter into the pot and fry it on a mid fire until the onion is glasslike and lightly golden. Don't forget to stir the onion in order to avoid burning it. Add butter if needed. When the onion is lightly golden, add sliced leek and stir again for a while.
- Add water. An amount depends on how many people you're doing the soup for. 1,5l should be sufficient for four people (but in order not to have your soup too dense add more water - at least 2l). Add diced potatoes, parsley root, carrot, celery root and the cup of lentils. Savor the soup with a little amount of salt, pepper and a spoon of marjoram. Add bouillon as well.
- Cook on a strong fire until water starts to boil, then lower the fire and cook for another 20minutes or until vegetable is tender. Stir regularly. When vegetable is tender, add cut chives and parsley and cook for 3minutes. Season with salt and pepper. After that, the soup is ready for eating. Bon appetit!