- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Honey Mustard Carrots
My husband isn't a fan of plain veg. I'm happy just to steam some veg and eat them like that, but he finds it boring (a bit like many children I suppose). So I am always looking for new ways to get veg into him or find a way to cook veg that he will like.
One of his favourite things is actually a recipe my mother introduced him to - Honey and Mustard carrots - luckily it's also one of my favourite ways to cook carrots. It may take a while just for some carrots but it is actually really simple and they are so yummy. Plus if your cooking something like a sunday lunch anyway, cooking the carrots doesn't seem to take that long, as its only 2 steps really and then you leave them.
The carrots are sticky and sweet and can guarantee everyone in the family will enjoy them. And the great thing is - I really dislike both honey and mustard but combined them seem to cancel each other and make a totally new flavour!
Rate this recipe
- 8 large Carrots, chopped into batons
- 1/2 cup water, boiling
- 1/3cup runny honey
- 1tsp english mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Put the carrots into a pot to boil for about 15 minutes or until they just start to soften
- While they are boiling mix together all the other ingredients. The honey will dissolve into the boiling water but the mustard won't - thats normal. Put the oven on to 180 to pre-heat.
- Once the carrots are starting to soften place them in an oven proof dish (like a casserole dish) and cover them with the honey mustard mixture, stir it all together so they are all coated and place (uncovered) in the oven for 30 minutes
- Check them halfway through to make sure they are not catching and stir them around again and replace in the oven to finish cooking
- Remove from oven and serve with your sunday lunch or other meals!