Fish Recipe: How to Cook Fish with Dill
I love seafood, especially fish. My mom would cook different fish in different ways for us when we were little. One of my favorite fish dishes is fish fillet with peanuts resting on the bed of dill. If you're allergic to peanuts, use cashews or pistachios as replacement. Dill is one of the herbs that can enhance the smell and taste of fish. It's not necessary for you to eat the dill, but the fragrance that dill can bring to this dish is incredible. In this recipe I added carrot and onion. You can substitute them with your favorite vegetables.
How do like this recipe
- 1 Fish Fillet
- 1/2 cup Peanut
- 1 Carrot
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 bundle Dill
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- Wash and cut the fish fillet into small pieces, skinned the peanuts, peel and chop the carrot and onion into the size that you prefer, and wash the dill.
- In a small pot, boil the water with the carrot in it. Then turn the heat low and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet and then add in the fish.
- Keep the heat on high. Stir the fish often and cook for 3 - 5 minutes depending on how thin you cut the fish.
- Turn the heat to low and transfer the fish to a clean plate.
- Turn the heat back to high and add onion into the same skillet.
- Add in soy sauce and stir. Cook onion for 2 minutes, turn the heat to low and then transfer it to another clean plate.
- Roast the peanuts in the same skillet for about a minute, then add them on the plate that holds the fish.
- Spread the dill onto the same skillet. There is no need to cook the dill, just warn it up enough to release its fragrance.
- Rest the fish, peanuts, onion and carrot on top of the dill. Turn off the heat and wait for 2 minutes before transferring the food onto a plate and serve.
Serve Fish with Porridge
You can serve this dish with steamed rice or rice noodle. It also goes very well with porridge. Cooking porridge takes time but it is very easy and simple to make. Here is how to cook porridge:
- Wash 1 cup of rice,
- Boil 5 cup of water in a large pot, then add in the rice,
- Bring the water to a boil again, then turn the heat to low and simmer for about an hour.
- Make sure the pot is covered with the lid and there is no need to stir the rice.
- Serve the porridge in a bowl, but make sure wait for the porridge to cool down a bit before eating because it's hot.
How to Select Dill and Fish Fillet
When you buy dill, look for the bundle that is green. Good and fresh fish fillet is pinkish. You should avoid any fish fillet that is light yellowish.