How to cook very tasty chicken bundles in a biscuit with white sauce. A healthy low cost dinner
I asked my wife to marry me after 2 months. If she had made what she calls chicken bundles on the first date I would have asked her then. This is a inexpensive low fat meal worthy of a king.
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breats
- 2 Packages of canned biscuits 8 count., See picture
- 3 table spoons Flour
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 3 cups Bran flake cereal
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg well beaten, You can use just egg white if you perfer.
To the meat of it (pun intended)
Notice the picture to the right shows two kinds of cereal ( plain and with strawberries )
If you have a taste for sweet foods you can use the Strawberry cereal.
- Boil the chicken in the broth. I have a Salmonella phobia so I cook it for 15 minutes. Then take it out to cool. Save the broth for later.
- Shred the chicken with a fork or cut it into very small pieces.
- Mix the cereal and chicken together. I would use a bowl but whatever works.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- On a large nonstick cookie sheet take one biscuit at a time and roll it out as flat as you can get it. A rolling pin works best but I sometimes just use the flat of my hand.
- Take a small hand full of the chicken mixture and put it in the center of the rolled out biscuit,fold it up and pinch the edges together. Like a small cal-zone.
- When all 16 are on the cookie sheet brush them with the egg.
- Place them in the oven and bake until golden brown.
- As you wait for the biscuits to bake mix the flour into the now cool broth with a wire whisk until dissolved completely. Bring the broth to a boil string constantly until it thickens. Add pepper & Salt to taste.
- Now you just place one or two on a plate and pour the sauce over top. Your ready to eat.