- Food and Cooking
How to fix Nutribullet jamming or locking problem
Nutribullet locking problem
If your Nutribullet (model 600 or the latest model 900) causes trouble by not letting the container jar press in and latch, there is a simple solution you can try to fix the Nutribullet jamming problem before calling the Nutribullet customer service number. Locate the three plastic activators on the side of the main unit and try to push them down to see if they can move downward. The activators are the white plastic levers that are spring based mechanisms. If they are stuck and frozen, you found the reason for the container jar not able to press down and latch. To fix this, just drip a few drops of hot water or a few drops of oil and vinegar on the white activators. Wait for a few minutes and press it again. They should move downwards now. Do not use fingers as you may get hurt due to tiny areas of the activators. Use a spoon or other metal instead. I hope this Nutribullet troubleshooting tip helps you before reaching the phone to call customer service. If it did, please vote in the poll shown in the bottom of the article.
Buy Nutribullet at a cheap price
Several people have complained about various problems with using Nutribullet. Some of them are:
- Container jar not latching (stops working)
- Nutribullet leaking issues
- Blade rusting issues
- Return problems
Price of Nutrisystem 600
Nutrisystem is marketed as the nutrition extractor. What is the right price for this product. On the official Nutrisystem website, they have the 2 for 1 special. The total price comes to $160 (six easy payments of $19.99 plus $39.90 shipping and processing). It comes to $80 per piece. Why buy two to get this at $80 a piece? If you wait for a good deal, you can find it for $55 for a single Nutrisystem. Check out Kohls or Bed Bath and Beyond for regular deals. At the minimum you can buy just one of them for $80 at Bed Bath and Beyond using the store's 20% off flyers.
Pros of the Nutrisystem extractor:
The design is very good especially the extractor blade has the cyclonic action breaks through even hard substances like seeds, stem and skin of the fruits and vegetables. I usually clean them up, cut it up and extract the juice. The extractor blade is made of stainless steel and does not need sharpening. The Power base, heart of the system, can be simply plugged into the outlet and there are no complicated buttons to press. Simple and powerful system. The packages comes with a tall cup and two small cups. The user guide and the recipe books are valuable too.
Steps to fix your Nutribullet problem
Follow these easy steps to fix the jamming problem with Nutribullet:
- Check if the activators are in good shape and not broken. Activators are the white plastic pieces (with spring action to move up and down) in the base unit.
- Make sure the small plastic extensions (small protrusions in the container jar) in the jars are good and not broken
- Try to push the activators down and see if they could be pressed down easily. If not, this is most likely the problem why the jar won't latch in place when you the container jar into the base unit and turn. The activators are supposed to move up and down freely. They seem to be frozen and stuck which is causing the problem. This might have happened due to some leakage of juice into the slots.
- Fix the jamming problem: Inject a few drops of warm water (or just oil and vinegar) into the activators slots and wait for a few minutes. You should be able to press them down now. Do not use fingers to press it down as you may get hurt. Use a spoon or something. If you are able to press down the activators, you are all set and your Nutribullet should start working again.
If all fails, call Nutribullet customer service at 1-855-346-8874 and leave your number. They are good at getting back to you in a few minutes. The first thing they do is to register your unit with your phone, name and address to associate with the bar code of the unit. Bar code is found on the bottom of the base unit.
Hope it helps. Feel free to post your comment if this article helped. Enjoy juicing!