How to make BITTER GOURD WINE :)
Many people nowadays suffer from stress maybe because of work, schooling, household chores and etc. Most citizens know that wine can relieve stress like tea. I commence this project in order to relieve peoples’ stress. It is the production of wine out of bitter gourd called the “Bitter Gourd Wine”. Bitter gourd (ampalaya in the Philippines) is a bitter vegetable oftentimes used. The significance of this recipe is that We can intake its nutrition by turning it into wine. ^
Ingredients and Materials
- 1/4 kilo ampalaya, chopped
- 300 ml water
- 3/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 tspn. yeast, used for baking
- Wine bottle with cork / cap
- Blender .
- Bowls .
- Hot water .
- Cheese Cloth .
- Measuring cup .
- Gather all the materials and ingredients needed.
- Wash the ampalaya thoroughly.
- Cut the ampalaya into pieces and remove the middle part of the ampalaya using a spoon.
- Blend the ampalaya in a 50ml of water in a blender.
- While blending the ampalaya, descend the wine bottle in a hot water for 20-30mins.
- After blending, separate the extracted liquid using a cheese cloth or a clean handkerchief.
- When the liquid is successfully extracted, put only 300ml of the ampalaya in the wine bottle together with 300ml of water (amt. of ampalaya = amt. of water).
- Add 1 tablespoon (for every 300ml) of yeast and ¾ cup of sugar.
- Sealed the wine bottle properly. Make sure that air will not enter inside the bottle.
- Wait until 3 weeks or more.