- Food and Cooking
South African Recipe for Banana Bread
The Ingredients for South African Banana Bread
A truly South African Recipe for Banana Bread
You will need to have these ingredients ready to make Banana Bread
125g of margarine or butter
125ml (½ cup) of white or brown sugar
3 large eggs
3 bananas peeled
3ml (½ teaspoon) of vanilla essence
400ml (1⅔ cup) of baking flour
a pinch of salt
a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
10ml (2 teaspoons) of baking powder
45ml (3 Tablespoons) of low fat or 2%milk
Best Homemade Banana Bread Recipe
You will need these items to make your Banana Bread
A bread shaped tin for your Banana Bread.
A wooden spoon.
A mixing bowl.
A fork for mashing.
A whisk or electric beater.
A table spoon and teaspoon for measuring.
A cup for measuring.
The Easy steps to making your banana bread
- Firstly use some additional margarine or spray and cook to grease the shaped tin in which you will add the mixture.
- Next you will need to squash the margarine and sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Crack open the eggs one at a time and add the unbeaten eggs one at a time to the mixture of sugar and margarine and beat thoroughly with the whisk.
- Mash the peeled bananas with your fork and add to the mixture with the vanilla essence.
- Use the sieve for the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and add to the mixture with your milk. Continue to mix all the items into your mixture.
- Place the mixture into the baking tin and smooth flat and then bake the mixture for half an hour at 180ºC in your oven.
- After the first half an hour, reduce the heat in your oven to 140ºC and bake for a
further half an hour or until nicely browned
and baked through.
- If you feel unsure and need to test throughout the baking process if its ready or not, push a skewer
or knitting needle into the loaf. If the needle comes out
clean with no mixture on it,then your Banana Bread is ready. If some of the cake mixture
sticks to the skewer, then the Banana Bread needs more baking
time. Then just check every 5 minutes until ready.
A useful tip would be to keep the banana bread for a few days before serving it as Banana Bread is one of the few recipes that get better with age.
If you are feeling a little adventurous, add in a few pieces of chocolate to the mixture or a half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Let me know how it goes and bookmark this page in your browser if you like for future.
- Baking & Dessert Recipes & Pictures - Joyofbaking.com
A wonderful recipe and photography collection of cakes, cookes, pies, tarts, muffins, scones, shortbreads and other baked goods.
- Cake recipes - Largest cake recipe database!
Find the best cake recipes with complete descriptions. Chocolate cakes, cheesecakes and more! This is the largest cake recipe directory on the web!
Christmas Cake Recipes
- Santa Claus and Christmas at the Northpole
Enjoy Christmas with Santa Claus at the North pole, an award-winning Christmas web site. Send a letter to Santa Clause or a Christmas card to a friend. Find yummy Christmas recipes, Christmas stories, Christmas entertainment and free games to play. T
- Easy Birthday Cakes...Birthday Cake Ideas, Pictures, Instructions and Tips.
Get pictures and Instructions for making hundreds of different designs of birthday cakes and other cakes. This site will inspire you and show you how to make impressive birthday cakes.
- Very Best Baking - NESTLE - Welcome
Very Best Baking has free recipes, baking tips and ideas from Nestle Toll House, Carnation, and Libby's Pumpkin baking products. Check back often for holiday and seasonal recipe ideas.