- Food and Cooking
How to make Channa Bhatura or Chole Bhatura North Indian Style Recipe
This hub teaches you how to make Channa Bhatura or Chole Bhatura in North Indian Style. Your family would love to eat this recipe for sure. Don't miss it !
Channa Bhatura or Chole Bhatura is one of the very famous Punjabi or North indian style recipe. Its a fluffy deep fried leavened bread from North india. The taste of Bhatura is amazing with Channa masala or Chickpea masala.
Let us get into preparation of making Channa Bhatura or Chole Bhatura north indian style recipe.
Bhatura North Indian Style Recipe
Channa Bhatura or Chole Bhatura North Indian Style Recipe
Cook Time to prepare Bhatura
- 2 cup All purpose flour or Maida
- 4 tablespoon Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoon Semolina
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Refined oil, for frying
- Combine all the mentioned ingredients (except oil) and make soft dough. Dough should not be too soft or hard on touch.
- Cover with a cloth and keep it aside for at least 2-3 hours.
- Then take a small quantity of dough and make lemon sized ball. Similarly prepare all the balls. Note: If you are looking for bigger size of Bhatura, then increase your ball size as per your needs.
- Then Roll the dough to thick round and flat shape.
- Heat oil for frying in a heavy bottomed Pan or Kadai or vessel. Once the oil is hot, slide the batura in the oil. Ensure to keep your oil in medium hot. Such that oil doesn't turn yellow or brown.
- Using the back side of the ladle, press in the center and along the edges. You will find it puffing. Flip over the other side and pour the same hot oil on it using your ladle.
- When you find the bhatura is cooked, shift it to a separate plate on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat the above steps until all your dough ball is over. Serve bhatura with Channa masala it will taste yummy.
How to make Channa Masala ?
I have already explained the preparation of Channa masala or Chickpea masala in my own hub.
You can follow the instructions of making that yummy Channa masala or Chickpea masala by clicking this URL. Click here to know the Channa masala or chickpea masala instructions.
© 2014 Ravi and Swastha