- Food and Cooking
How to make Broccoli Potato Curry South Indian Tamilnadu style recipe
Tasty Broccoli Potato curry
Broccoli Potato Curry Recipe
Broccoli Potato curry is one of the mouth watery recipe which I love to eat. Morever Broccoli has following health benefits. Hence try cooking & serve your family.
- Prevents osteoarthritis
- Protects your skin against the effects of UV light
- Reverses diabetes heart damage
- Reduces cancer risk
- Eating broccoli linked to less cancer risk. Just don't overcook it
- 1 bunch of Broccoli, (cut in to pieces)
- 2 Potatoes, (chopped)
- Refined oil
- 1 Big Onion, (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 table Spoon Ginger and garlic paste
- 1 table spoon Chilli Powder
- 3 table spoon Dhania Powder
- 2 tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 2 tea spoon Fennel seeds
- 1/4 tea spoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tea spoon Bengal Gram
- 3 Tomato, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Salt, (to taste)
- 2 cups of Water
- Pinch of Turmeric
- 4-5 Mint leaves
- 5-6 Cashew nuts
- Coriander leaves, (chopped for garnishing)
- In a grinder or a blender put half big onion (chopped), 1 tomato (chopped), 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, mint leaves, cashew nut and grind them to a fine paste.
- Take a dry pan and place it on a medium flame. Pour 3 table spoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds in it and allow the seeds to crackle.
- In the same pan put Bengal gram, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds and fry till Bengal gram becomes golden brown.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry them till they become golden brown. Followed by onions, add the ginger-garlic paste and fry them till the raw smell goes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric in the oil containing the mixture. Now stir them till the tomatoes get smashed.
- Pour the grinded masala paste in the same pan and stir well.
- Put the broccoli and potatoes in the boiling masala and stir them for few minutes.
- Add Water, Salt to the masala, and close the lid.
- Allow the broccoli potato curry to boil for 15 to 20 minutes in a high flame.
- When the vegetable is cooked, garnish with coriander leaves and transfer the curry to a bowl or a vessel.
- Note: Salt and chili powder can be added extra during the cooking time depending on your taste.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha