How to make Broccoli Potato Curry South Indian Tamilnadu style recipe
Tasty Broccoli Potato curry
Broccoli Potato Curry Recipe
Broccoli Potato curry is one of the mouth watery recipe which I love to eat. Morever Broccoli has following health benefits. Hence try cooking & serve your family.
- Prevents osteoarthritis
- Protects your skin against the effects of UV light
- Reverses diabetes heart damage
- Reduces cancer risk
- Eating broccoli linked to less cancer risk. Just don't overcook it
- 1 bunch of Broccoli, (cut in to pieces)
- 2 Potatoes, (chopped)
- Refined oil
- 1 Big Onion, (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 table Spoon Ginger and garlic paste
- 1 table spoon Chilli Powder
- 3 table spoon Dhania Powder
- 2 tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 2 tea spoon Fennel seeds
- 1/4 tea spoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tea spoon Bengal Gram
- 3 Tomato, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Salt, (to taste)
- 2 cups of Water
- Pinch of Turmeric
- 4-5 Mint leaves
- 5-6 Cashew nuts
- Coriander leaves, (chopped for garnishing)
- In a grinder or a blender put half big onion (chopped), 1 tomato (chopped), 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, mint leaves, cashew nut and grind them to a fine paste.
- Take a dry pan and place it on a medium flame. Pour 3 table spoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds in it and allow the seeds to crackle.
- In the same pan put Bengal gram, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds and fry till Bengal gram becomes golden brown.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry them till they become golden brown. Followed by onions, add the ginger-garlic paste and fry them till the raw smell goes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric in the oil containing the mixture. Now stir them till the tomatoes get smashed.
- Pour the grinded masala paste in the same pan and stir well.
- Put the broccoli and potatoes in the boiling masala and stir them for few minutes.
- Add Water, Salt to the masala, and close the lid.
- Allow the broccoli potato curry to boil for 15 to 20 minutes in a high flame.
- When the vegetable is cooked, garnish with coriander leaves and transfer the curry to a bowl or a vessel.
- Note: Salt and chili powder can be added extra during the cooking time depending on your taste.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha