How to make Tasty Cabbage Kofta or Cabbage dumplings Curry Recipe
Cabbage Kofta Recipe Introduction
Cabbage Kofta Recipe is one of the Kofa variety recipe. This is another healthy recipe that I would like to share it with my hub readers.
Health benefits of Cabbage are as follows:
- Low in saturated fat and cholesterol
- Good source of fiber
- Good source of folates
- Good for Pregnant women to eat more cabbage
- Keeps your bones & body healthy
- Good source of vitamins such as riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and thiamin
- Natural source of electrolytes and minerals like Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Manganese, Iron and Magnesium
Health benefits Source URL: http://www.fullcircle.com/goodfoodlife/2012/09/22/six-reasons-to-eat-more-cabbage/
Cabbage Kofta or Cabbage dumplings Curry
Cabbage Kofta (Cabbage dumplings) Curry Recipe
Gram flour is one of key ingredient to make this dish
- 2 cup Cabbage, (finely grated) (for Kofta)
- ¾ cup Gram flour, (for Kofta)
- 2 Red or Green chilli, (chopped) (for Kofta)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves or cilantro, (chopped) (for Kofta)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds, (for Kofta)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, (grated) (for Kofta)
- 1 teaspoon Salt, (for Kofta)
- 3-4 Tomatoes, (cut into pieces)
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Red chillis
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ¼ cup Gram flour
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Curd(yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves, (garnishing)
- Refined oil
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients one by one given in the list for kofta.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make them as light batter. You can also use little oil to mix them well.
- Take a little batter in hand and make it as a small ball.
- Place the ball in a separate plate. Similarly prepare all the balls.
- Take a kadai or a frying pan and pour required quantity of oil inside for frying.
- When the oil is hot, put the balls one by one for frying.
- Fry them till they become dark golden brown.
- Remove the fried balls from the oil and place them in a separate tissue on a plate.
- In a blender take the given quantity of tomatoes, ginger and red chilies.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- Place a vessel or a cooking pan in a medium flame.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of oil inside the pan and allow the oil to heat.
- When the oil is hot put asafoetida and saute it. With in no time add cumin seeds and allow the cumin seeds to crackle. Maintain the cooking in a medium flame other wise the ingredients may burn.
- Put the given quantity of gram flour inside the oil and stir well for a minute or so.
- Pour the ground tomato puree inside and stir well.
- Put all the spices like red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, yogurt and sugar one by one and mix well and allow them to cook till the raw smell of the spices goes.
- Increase the flame a little and pour 1 cup of water inside the cooking pan and stir with the ingredients.
- Close the lid of the pan and allow the curry to cook for 5 minutes.
- When the curry is nicely cooked put the fried cabbage koftas inside the curry and mix well.
- Allow the koftas to settle in the curry for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and transfer the dish to a separate bowl.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
- Your hot and spicy Cabbage Kofta Curry is ready to serve hot with Rice, Roti, Naan or Parata
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha