- Food and Cooking
How to make Carrot Kheer - Indian Dessert Recipe
Carrot kheer is a popular dessert recipe in South India. It is a milk based dessert where carrots are cooked with milk and sugar and flavoured with saffron and cardamom powder. You can garnish with chopped cashewnuts and almonds. Try these delicious carrot kheer or carrot payasam and post your comment in the comment section below. I have also included carrot kheer recipe video at the end of this hub.
Learn how to make carrot kheer/ carrot payasam by following this simple recipe.
- Carrots - 3 medium size
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Saffron - 5 strands soaked in warm milk
- Almonds - 8 chopped
- Cashews - 8 chopped
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
Carrot kheer recipe:
1. Wash the carrots and cut the edges.
2. Cut the carrot into 2 small pieces and add some water and cook it in a pressure cooker for upto 2 whistle.
3. Take milk in a big vessel and bring it to boil.
4. When the milk begins to boil, add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron strands and stir well.
5. In the meantime place the boiled carrot in a blender and make it into a paste.
6. Now add the carrot paste to the milk mixture and keep the stove on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
7. Add ghee in a small pan and roast chopped cashews and almonds.
8. Transfer the nuts into the carrot kheer mixture.
9. Delicious carrot kheer is ready.
10. You can serve hot or cold.
Indian Dessert Recipes:
1. You can make carrot kheer by boiling the milk by 3/4 of its original consistency.
2. The sugar can be adjusted by your choice.
3. Serve hot or cold.
4. Carrots are good for skin and eyesight.
5. Carrots has anti-carcinogen properties and thus helps to prevent cancer.