How to make Spring Onion Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Today we are going to see how to make Cheesy Spring Onion Vegetable Sandwich Recipe. I have used fried carrot and beans as my vegetable. Fry it very lightly to maintain its health benefits.
Before getting into the instructions, let us see the health benefits of Spring onion, Carrot & beans.
Health benefits of Spring Onion:
- Good source of Vitamin K
- Good source of Vitamin A
- Lowers the blood sugar level
- Supports against gastrointestinal problems
- Used as medicine for Cold
- As it helps digestion, used as a appetizer
- Speeds up level of blood circulation in the body
Health benefits of Carrot:
- Improved vision
- Cancer prevention
- Healthy glowing skin
- A powerful antispetic
- Prevents heart disease
Refferred Source URL: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-benefits-of-carrots.html
Health benefits of Beans:
- Weight Control and Macronutrients
- Contains Vitamin C & Vitamin A
- Also contains small quantity of vitamins A and E, as well as the B-vitamins, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate and B-6
- Essential Minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium
Referred Source URL: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-eating-raw-green-beans-5207.html
Cheesy Spring onion Vegetable sandwich
Cheesy Spring Onion Vegetable Sandwich
- 4 Whole Wheat Bread slices
- ¼ cup Spring Onion, (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Carrot, (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Fresh Beans, (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Processed Cheese, (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly flakes or green chilly, (chopped)
- Take the non-stick pan and heat the butter.
- Add spring onions and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute them for few minutes.
- When the vegetable are cooked. Add the chilly sauce, tomato ketchup and salt. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese, switch off the flame and mix well till the cheese melts. This is called Fillings for Cheesy Spring Onion Vegetable Sandwich.
- Place two whole wheat bread slices on a flat, dry surface and butter them lightly. If the butter is solid and not in room temperature, put a piece of butter on a pan and melt it. Then put the bread slices over the melted butter one by one. Similarly grease both the sides of the bread. Repeat this for remaining two breads as well.
- Take a little prepared filling and apply on one side of the butter-coated bread and place it aside. Similarly apply for another butter-coated bread as well.
- Take the other 2 bread slices and place on the filled bread slices.
- Brush butter on oven tray or you can also spray vegetable oil on the tray.
- Place both the pieces on the oven tray.
- Preheat oven for 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes. Flip the sandwiches, and bake for additional 5-7 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- I don’t bake till it is so crispy. I have given you the formula of filling. Baking sandwich is up to your need.
- Now your Cheesy Spring Onion Vegetable Sandwich is ready to serve. You can serve hot with tomato sauce.
- Note: If you don't have carrot and beans, you can still use any other available vegetable(s).
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha