- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Chicken Chettinad: Indian Curry Recipe
Chicken Chettinad Curry
Chicken chettinad is a popular curry dish in India. Chicken is marinated with chili powder, lemon juice, turmeric powder and cooked in dry roasted spices, coconut and coriander leaves. You can serve hot with chappati, paratha, rice and idli.
Ingredients for Chicken Chettinad Curry:
Dry roast and grind:
Make it as a powder
- Cloves - 4
- Cinnamon - 1 small piece
- Dry red chillies - 8
- Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Whole black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Split roasted gram - 2 tablespoon
- Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
For chicken marinade:
- Chicken 1 lb
- Chilli powder - teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
For chicken chettinad curry:
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Onions - 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped into small pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tablespoon
Cooking method for chicken chettinad curry:
Clean the chicken pieces and cut into small pieces. Marinate for 2 hours by adding lemon juice, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Dry roast the above ingredients for about 2 to 3 minutes and grind them into a fine powder. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and add the bay leaves, cloves and ginger garlic paste. Now add the onions, fry for 3 minutes and add the marinated chicken and sauté it for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the roasted spice masala and fry for 3 minutes. To this add the chopped tomatoes, salt and 1/2 cup water and close tightly with a lid. Reduce the heat to a medium and allow to cook for about 15 minutes. You can serve chicken chettinad curry with rice, chappati, paratha and idli.
How to make chicken chettinad curry
- How to make Mutton Biryani: Indian Rice Recipe
- Sorpotel Goan Recipe
Sorpotel is a traditional goan dish made of pork, liver and cooked in spices, coconut feni, vinegar and green chillies. Sorpotel is a popular dish in Goa and served at special occasions such as christmas and...
- Mutton Nihari Recipe
- How to make Chicken Briyani: Indian Rice Recipe
Chicken biriyani is a popular rice dish in India. This recipe involves chicken pieces marinated in a spice and curd mixture and cooked with basmati rice on a low fire. You can cook briyani by using the rice...
- How to make Spicy Indian Crab Curry Recipe
Spicy Indian crab curry is a very popular recipe in India. Learn how to make crab curry by following this recipe. This spicy crab curry is perfect for cold weather.
- Indian Dessert Recipe: How to make Badam Kheer
Badam kheer is a milk based dessert where ground almonds are cooked in milk and sugar and flavoured with saffron and cardamom powder. Its not-so-creamy texture, mild nutty flavor of almonds, aromatic rich...