How to make: Coconut, Almond Thumbprints
Coconut Almond Shortbread
- 100g Plain flour
- 50g Corn flour
- 50g Dessicated Coconut
- 100g Butter
- (small handfull) Chopped Almonds, Roast a handful in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, add the measured out dry ingredients (except the roasted Almonds). Then measure the butter, chopping it in cubes also add this to the bowl.
- You can either use a food processor or your fingers. Press the butter and dry mixture between your fingers, till eventually your able to press the mixture into a dough.
- If you feel that the mixture maybe too dry, melt a little butter and add this to your mixture. Then with a tablespoon press in the dough (kneading it) so that your mixture becomes more pliable; like the average dough is.
- If you want to make the Shortbread straight away you can roll the mixture into medium sized balls, placing onto a lined tray press your finger into each one. Leave into the fridge for a while to firm up. However, if you prefer you can cool the mixture in plastic wrap and use a cookie cutter- generally the mixture after kneading is too sticky to use a cookie cutter.
- At this point while the dough is in the fridge pre-heat your oven to 160 Degrees Celsius. Also chop and roast your Alminds for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- After 10 minuses in the fridge, press the chopped pieces of the Almonds in the finger indent. Also sprinkling a little dessicated Coconut, the pressing in your finger to help it stick to the dough.
- Cook for 35 minutes and leave to cool on a metal, wire rack.