How to make Coffee Ice-Cream or Espresso Coffee Liqueur Ice-Cream? Step by Step Coffee Ice Cream Recipes
Nothing can beat this coffee ice cream. It is refreshing, cooling and thirst quenching on a hot sunny day or a cold winter day. Forget the caffeine, forget the fat, just indulge!
Coffee Ice-Cream Recipe
½ cup sugar
1 ½ cups of milk
1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
1 cup fresh cream
1) Beat the eggs and sugar until frothy.
2) Stir in milk and beat until smooth.
3) On low heat, bring the mixture to almost boiling and remove from the heat.
4) Add the instant coffee powder and fresh cream. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
5) Pour into a shallow stainless steel container
6) Let cool in the freezer.
7) Set the freezer to lowest temperature of the fridge.
8) Freeze the ice-cream.
9) For smoother texture, take the ice-cream out every 15 minutes and stir (or blend).
10) Repeat the freezing and stirring (or blending) several times until satisfactory smooth texture is achieved.
Tips for making smooth texture :
1) Freeze the ice-cream quickly at very low temperature. Therefore set the freezer temperature to lowest temperature possible and wait one hour before putting the ice-cream inside.
2) Use metal (or stainless steel) container as it is a better heat conductor than plastic container. This will aid in increasing the rate of freezing.
3) The amount of sugar specified in the recipes cannot be reduced without affecting the texture of the ice-cream.
If you enjoy bigger project, try this one.
Espresso Coffee Liqueur Ice Cream
1 shot of Espresso
3-4 tablespoon homemade coffee liqueur (see recipe below)
375ml low fat milk
120g brown sugar (add more sugar if you want it sweeter and vice versa)
1-2 vanilla bean
250 ml fresh cream
pinch of salt
25g chocolate bar, chopped into cubes
Note : If you don’t have vanilla bean, you can use vanilla extract to replace.
1. Pour milk and sugar into a pot.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut open the vanilla beans. Remove the seeds. Add the pod and seeds into the milk. On medium low heat, bring the milk mixture to almost boil. Turn off the heat immediately.
3. Whisk the two eggs in a large container until frothy. Gently whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture to temper it.
4. Pour the mixture, 125ml of the fresh cream , shot of Espresso and pinch of salt into the pot.
5. Heat on medium-low heat, until it reaches custard texture. That will take about 5 to 10 minutes of continuous stirring.
6. Remove the mixture from the pot.
7. Lightly whip the remaining fresh cream and add to the ice-cream mixture in the pot.
8. Add the homemade coffee liqueur. Stir well.
9. Strain for a smoother ice-cream (optional).
10. Cover the mixture and refrigerate overnight.
11. Remove the vanilla beans.
12. Churn the mixture in the ice-cream machine.
13. Add half of the chocolate cubes.
14. Scoop the mixture into a container and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate cubes on top.
15. Freeze for several hours.
16. Before serving, leave the ice-cream at room temperature to soften for 5-10 minutes.
The ice-cream texture is the best on the day it is made, so indulge in it as soon as it is made.
Homemade Coffee Liquor Recipe
½ cup instant coffee
1 cups of sugar
3 cups of water
Pinch of salt
2 ½ cups of vodka
3 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1) In a pot, add in the coffee, sugar, water and salt. Stir well.
2) Over high heat, stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
3) Bring the mixture to boil.
4) Reduce to low heat and simmer for 1 hour.
5) Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and vodka.
6) Let cool and store in a container for 2 to 3 weeks before consume.
7) Pour in a short glass and savour !
If you have ice-cream maker, you can try this one :
Icre-Cream Recipes from Amazon
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.
© Ingenira 2011