How to make Graham Cracker Silvanas
Graham Cracker Silvanas
What is Silvana?
I really do have a thing with sweets. I really do, I really do! Every time I went home to my hometown, I really don't forget to buy Silvanas from Sans Rival Cake and Pastries.
Silvanas is one of my favorite cookie dessert. I could really devour a lot of this. Now I made my own.
What is Silvana? Silvana is a Filipino Frozen Cookie which is made of a layer of buttercream sandwiched between two cashew-meringue wafers coated with cookie crumbs.
- 17 pieces graham crackers, cut into 3 pcs
- 1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts, roasted
- 1 cup butter/ margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, (optional)
- 2 cups crushed grahams
- In a bowl, use a mixer to beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- When the butter is light and fluffy, you can add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
- After you mix it well, add and fold chopped cashew nuts into the buttercream.
- Fill each cracker with buttercream.
- Sandwich with another cracker.
- Coat the sandwich with buttercream.
- Coat the sandwich with buttercream with crushed graham.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
Best serve frozen. Enjoy!
© 2020 Paul Christian Labor