- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Oceania Cuisine
How to make Haupia (a traditional hawaiian pudding dessert) easy!
Haupia, A traditional taste of Hawaii
Many people have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Either for the beautiful weather, the tremendous beaches, and possibly even the food. Let me tell you, growing up in Hawaii has impacted my eating choices greatly. The variety of Asian, Polynesian, and European cultures combined into one great mixing pot of delicious foods.
This recipe I have here is a very easy way to make Haupia. A white gelatinous piece of coconut pudding. (Think jello with a Hawaiian spin if you have never heard of it). A simple recipe that will bring joy to your family or guests. This is a great thing to bring to a party. Who could resist such a great taste of Hawaii!
1 cup cornstarch
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
4 cups coconut milk
2 and 1/2 cups water
1. Combine liquid ingredients, stir smooth
2. add dry ingredients over low heat, stir constantly until shiny and super thick like pudding
3. Make sure your Haupia at its pudding state is not grainy! If it is keep on cooking until the fat in the coconut milk melts and it becomes super smooth!
4. pour into pan and allow to cool
5. after it is cool, stick it in your fridge until nice and cold
6. cut into squares and enjoy!