Homemade Chicken Strips
I get so tired of going to the supermarket to buy chicken fingers (which my kids love) to end up paying an arm and a leg for five or six chicken fingers and the chicken fingers end up having more breading than chicken. So, I started making my own chicken fingers at home and my kids love them! Hope you enjoy them!
- 4 Large Boneless Chicken Breast, Sliced in 1 inch strips
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- Onion Powder
- Kickin Chicken Seasoning, (I usually get this from Walmart)
- Cooking Oil
- Large Bowl
- 1 Large Ziploc Bag
- Fill your deep fryer or your boiler with cooking oil. (Do not heat yet) After you have finished washing your chicken breast and cutting them into strips, place them in your bowl. Season your strips with your Onion powder and Kickin Chicken Seasoning. Mix together. Set aside.
- In a seperate smaller bowl whisk the milk and egg together. Pour the milk and egg mixture over your chicken in the bowl. Mix and let it sit to marinate for about 10 minutes. While the chicken is marinating go ahead and heat your oil on medium heat.
- Get your ziploc bag and put your flour in there. (This is the bag you will use to put your strips in to coat them with the flour) After your oil is heated, put a few of the marinated strips in the ziploc bag, zip the bag, and shake it throughly to coat the strips. After the strips are coated with the flour, put them in the oil one by one and cook the strips until they are no longer pink on the inside and they are browned to your liking. Repeat putting the rest of the strips in the ziploc bag and coat them with flour. Cook them and enjoy them as much as we do.
- *You can also add your own special seasoning to cook the chicken fingers. This is just what I prefer. *Also Mrs. Dash seasoning works good too. :)