Indian Breakfast Recipe: How to make Indian Aloo Bhaji
Easy Indian Breakfast Recipe
Aloo Bhaji is a classic Indian breakfast preferred by many Indian households. In a separate hub I have demonstrated the simple art of making great Poori (bread), This simple, yet delicious Indian recipe shows you how to make an Aloo Bhaji (curried potato dish) that is the perfect accompaniment to Poori. Together, the 2 dishes form the classic Indian breakfast dish: Puri Baji.
Cook Time for Making Aloo Bhaji
Ingredients for Making Aloo Bhaji
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 tbl spoon Oil
- 1 tsp. Black Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Dried Red Chillies
- half tsp. Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- 2 Small Onions
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbl spoon Chopped Corriander Leaves
- half tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
Are you a fan of Indian Food?
Instructions for Cooking Aloo Bhaji
- Boil the potatoes in the skins and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them evenly.
- Heat the oil in a wide shallow frying pan and fry the mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add the red chillies and the fenugreek seeds and immediately follow with the onions.
- Fry the onions until they are golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala, ginger, salt and potatoes and stir fry gently until the potatoes are heated through/
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corriander leaves.
Serve with Pooris, or as a side dish with rice, chicken or meat curry.