Indian Breakfast Recipe: How to make Indian Aloo Bhaji
Easy Indian Breakfast Recipe
Poori Baji is a classic Indian breakfast preferred by many Indian households. In a separate hub I have demonstrated the simple art of making great Poori (bread), This simple, yet delicious Indian recipe shows you how to make an Aloo Bhaji (curried potato dish) that is the perfect accompaniment to Poori. Together, the 2 dishes form the classic Indian breakfast dish: Puri Baji.
Are you a fan of Indian Food?
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 tbl spoon Oil
- 1 tsp. Black Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Dried Red Chillies
- half tsp. Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- 2 Small Onions
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbl spoon Chopped Corriander Leaves
- half tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
- Boil the potatoes in the jackets and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them evenly.
- Heat the oil in a wide shallow frying pan and fry the mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add the red chillies and the fenugreek seeds and immediately follow with the onions.
- Fry the onions until they are golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala, ginger, salt and potatoes and stir fry gently until the potatoes are heated through/
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corriander leaves.
Serve with Pooris, or as a side dish with rice, chicken or meat curry.
Need some help? Check out this great video
With more than ten reprints, it's clear cookbook author Madhur Jaffrey wins the popular vote for delicious Indian recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. Now with a beautiful new design and all-new photographs, Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking is ready to wow another generation of home cooks. Written by the world's foremost authority on Indian cooking, this terrific volume boasts a tantalizing array of appetizers, entres, beverages, and desserts for every occasion. From Silken Chicken and Pork Vindaloo to Fresh Red Chutney with Almonds and Sweet, Pale Orange, Mango Lassi, Quick & Easy Indian Cooking makes this exotic cuisine accessible and enjoyableas perfect for entertaining as it is for everyday cooking.