- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Kadai Bhindi or Kadai Okra or Kadai Bhendi or Kadai Ladies finger Indian style Recipe
Kadai Bhindi or Kadai Okra or Kadai Ladies finger
Kadai Bhindi or Kadai Okra
Kadai Bhindi or Kadai Ladies finger or Kadai Okra or Kadai Bhendi is a tasty Indian style recipe. Ladies finger has following health benefits.
- Suitable food for weight loss
- Helps in preventing heart diseases
- Controls blood sugar level
- Helps in digestion
- Contains folic acid / folate, which helps in conceiving
- Helps in the development of fetus
- Prevents miscarriage
- Improves immunity
- Iron, folate and Vitamin K nutrients helps in treating and avoiding Anemia
- Prevents colon cancer
- Improves eyesight
Now let us get into preparing Kadai bhindi or Kadai okra.
- 500 grams Okra or Ladies finger (cut in to small pieces and fry in oil)
- 2 tablespoon Refined oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Big Onion (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 Red chillies (broken)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ Bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Curd or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 cup Water
- Coriander leaves (chopped for garnishing)
- Heat the pan and pour 2 table spoons of oil. When the oil is hot, put cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Then put the chopped onions inside the pan and fry till onion becomes golden brown.
- When the onions turned golden brown; add turmeric powder, red chillies, ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till they get nicely smashed.
- Close the lid of the pan while you cook tomatoes, so that they well get cooked faster.
- When the tomatoes are nicely cooked, add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder in the pan and sauté well.
- Now add the bell pepper and sauté with the ingredients. Close the lid again to nicely cook the bell pepper.
- Cook the bell pepper for 2-3 minutes. Now add the fried bhindi or ladies finger.
- Then add yogurt, salt and garam masala powder in to the pan and sauté well.
- After sautéing for 2-3 minutes, pour 1 cup water and allow them to cook for 5 minutes by closing the lid.
- Finally garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Kadai bhindi is ready to serve. Serve hot as a side dish with Roti or Chapati (Indian bread).
If you want to know how to make soft chapati or Indian bread, click here.
© 2014 Ravi and Swastha