How to make Kale Salad
The first time I tasted Kale in salad I absolutely hated it. The texture was rubbery and there was a bitter aftertaste. So, it was with trepidation that I tried the Kale Salad my boss created for one of our programmes at work. It was delicious!
Kale is packed full of wonderful minerals and vitamins - Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron Magnesium and Phosphous, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese and Protein. Kale is also a good source of Dietary Fibre.
Prep Time including pre-dressing
Ingredients Salad and Dressing
- 6 cups Kale sliced finely, remove any thick stems
- 1/2 cup Cheese - Grated and crumbled parmesan and or feta mix, Blue cheese crumbled is a tasty alternative
- 1 Red Onion, slice finely
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (toasted or almonds or pecans, (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots/celery
- 1/2 cup dried fruit such as cranberries/raisins/mango, (optional)
- 1/3cup Olive Oil
- 2 juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp honey/sugar/maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cut and chop and grate the ingredients and combine in salad bowl.
- Make dressing and toss over salad 10 minutes or more prior to serving