- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
How to make Khatta Murg Hyderabadi or Mango Chicken Curry Indian style Recipe
Khatta Murg Hyderabadi or Mango Chicken Curry
How to make Khatta Murg Hyderabadi or Mango Chicken Curry
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: ½-1 hour
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 80 min
Yields: Serves 2-3 people
Ingredients for Marinating
- 800 grams Chicken legs (1 inch slice on the bone)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 Green or red chilies (chopped)
- ½ Mango (grated)
- ½ cup Curd or yogurt
Ingredients for preparation
- 2-3 tablespoon Refined oil
- 2 Big onions (sliced)
- ½ Red Capsicum (sliced)
- ½ Green Capsicum (sliced)
- Coriander leaves (chopped for garnishing)
- 1 pinch Garam masala powder
- In a bowl put all the ingredients given for marinating and mix well. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour.
- Heat the pan and pour 2-3 table spoons of oil. When the oil is hot, put sliced onions inside the pan and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add red and green capsicum inside the pan and allow them to cook for 3-5 minutes by closing the lid.
- When the capsicum is nicely cooked add the marinated chicken inside the pan and mix with the cooking ingredients.
- Close the lid of the pan and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pan and give a stir to the cooking ingredients so that they will not get burnt.
- When the chicken is nicely cooked add coriander leaves on the top and add a pinch of garam masala powder and saute them.
- Close the lid and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mango chicken curry is ready to serve. It can be served as a starter or as a side dish.
© 2014 Ravi and Swastha