How to make Rajma Masala or Kidney Beans Curry North Indian style Recipe
Kidney Beans Curry Recipe
Rajma Masala or Kidney Beans Curry Recipe - Introduction
Rajma Masala or Kidney Beans Curry is one of the healthy recipes which I would like to share with you.
Health benefits of Kidney beans are as follows:
Prevents the blood sugar level
Helps in sulfite detoxification
Digestive tract health
High in protein
Supports born strength, and lot more.
Let’s see how to make the dish.
- ½ cup Kidney Beans, (soaked overnight in water and boiled)
- Refined Oil
- 1 piece Cinnamon stick
- 3 pieces Cloves
- 2 pieces Cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 Big Onion, (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes, (chopped)
- 1½ table spoon Coriander powder
- ½ table spoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon Coconut powder or Fresh grind coconut
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing, (chopped)
- 1 table spoon Milk cream
- Heat the pan and pour 2 table spoons of oil. When the oil is hot, put Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Cardamom, Bay leaf. And saute them.
- Now put the chopped onions inside the pan and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- When the onions have become golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of the ginger and garlic goes.
- Put the chopped tomatoes in the pan and fry along with the ingredients. When the tomatoes gets cooked; add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and stir well.
- Pour required quantity of water in the pan and cook the curry.
- Now put the coconut powder and cook well. Add boiled kidney beans in and allow them to cook for 10 minutes. So that the masala spices in the curry will get settled in kidney beans.
- When you get thick kidney beans curry, add little milk cream for taste and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Chapatti, Roti, Rice or Paratta.
- Note: Salt and chili powder can be added extra during the cooking time depending on your taste.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha