- Food and Cooking
How to make Macadamia and Cranberry Slice
How to make Macadamia Nut and Cranberry Slice
This particular recipe, using the scrumptous Macadamia Nut and Cranberry which on their own are yummy but combined are sooo... delicious, was given to me by a neighbor.
Very easy and quick to make. No electric mixers needed, just a wooden spoon.
It is pretty sweet and very addictive. The nuts give it a nice crunch and the Cranberries are soft. A great combination. :)
My family all seem to have a sweet tooth,so it went down well with them.
Two batches in a week so I was on a winner there for sure.
I have been advised not to give nuts to children under 5 years. Some folks agree and some don't, So it will really be a decision individual parents have to make.
- 1½ Cups Self Raising Flour, Sifted
- 1 Cup Craisins, (Dried Cranberries)
- ¾ Cup Macadamia Nuts, Chopped
- 185 grams Butter, Melted
- 1¼ Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg, Lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C. This may vary a little,depending on your oven. Grease and line a 20 cm x 30 cm Lamington tray. I use baking paper for this.
- IN A LARGE BOWL Combine sifted self raising flour,Cranberries and chopped Macadamia nuts,mix them together, then add melted butter, lightly beaten egg and vanilla essence. Mix together well.
- Spoon into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Place in pre-heated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until cooked when tested.
- It will set a little more as it cools. Leave in pan to cool. When cool dust with sifted icing sugar.
- Cut into 4cm x 5cm sections or there about. Place in air tight container. It will keep in fridge for about 1 week.
- My personal preference is to take how ever many slices that we need out of the fridge, let it warm to room temp, then eat it.:)
Enjoy it with a cup of coffee,tea or what ever you choose.
I gave a few slices to a friend and he put ice cream on top and ate is as a sweet,so there are a few ways to enjoy this slice. :):)