How to make Semolina Peas Upma Indian style Recipe
Semolina Peas Upma
Recipe - Introduction
Semolina Peas Upma is another healthy dish with 2 major ingredients in it. Semolina & Peas are the 2 major ingredients. Health benefits of Semolina & Peas are as follows.
Semolina Health benefit:
- Semolina boosts your intake of several B-complex vitamins (like folate and thiamin).
- B-Complex vitamins support your metabolism
- Converts food into usable energy
- Thiamin also also helps your brain and nerves function properly
- Folate supports red blood cell production
- Good source of selenium (Selenium when used in combination with other nutrients, including vitamin E, acts as antioxidant). Prevents harmful oxidation of your cell membranes and DNA
- Getting enough selenium in your diet also strengthens your immune system to prevent infection
- Good source of iron
Above health benefits are referred from: http://www.livestrong.com/article/524684-the-health-benefits-of-semolina
Health benefits of peas:
- Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, Omega-3 fat)
- Lowered risk of type 2 diabetes
- Support for blood sugar regulation
- Heart health promotion
- Protection against stomach cancer
Above health benefits are referred from: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=55
Let us get into how to make Semolina Peas Upma - a yummy,healthy & easy recipe.
Semolina Peas Upma Indian style Recipe
What kind of breakfast you would love to eat in the morning ?
- 1 cup Semolina
- Refined Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Big Onion, (chopped)
- 2 Red chilies, (broken)
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 1/4 cup Water
- Coriander leaves, (chopped for garnishing)
- ½ teaspoon Bengal gram
- ½ teaspoon Ginger, (grated)
- 10 pieces Cashew nut
- 1 pinch of Asafoetida
- Heat the pan and pour 2 table spoons of oil. When the oil is hot, put mustard seeds in it and wait till it gets crackled.
- Now add the cumin seeds, bengal gram and fry till the bengal gram becomes golden brown.
- Then put the chopped onions inside the pan and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Add red chilies, curry leaves, ginger, cashew nut, turmeric powder, Asafoetida and sauté them.
- Sauté the ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the given quantity of water, salt inside the pan and allow the water to boil.
- When the water is boiled put the semolina slowly inside the boiling water and stir continuously while dropping the semolina.
- Stir continuously till the semolina gets cooked. Cook in a medium flame.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or pickle.
© 2014 Ravi and Swastha