- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Smashed Spinach Dhal South Indian style Recipe
This hub teaches you how to make Smashed Spinach Dhal South Indian style recipe. This is a healthy recipe which is good for your family. Easy recipe, try it and enjoy the taste.
Smashed spinach dhal is one of the healthy recipe which I would like to share with you. It is a quick and easy recipe. Spinach has lot of health benefits, some are as follows.
1) Spinach is a dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
2) Spinach provides high immunity to body.
3) Spinach protects eyes from cataract and other eye disorder.
4) Spinach helps in strengthening bones, brain and nervous system.
5) Spinach is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Like this there are several health benefits. So having Spinach on a regular basis is good for health.
Smashed spinach dhal
Smashed Spinach Dhal
- 1 bunch Spinach, (washed and chopped)
- ½ tea spoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Big Onion or 4-5 small onion, (chopped)
- 2 Red chillies, (broken)
- 2 Garlic, (cut into pieces)
- ½ inch Tamarind piece
- ½ cup Toor dhal, (cooked)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
Smashed Spinach Dhal Ingredients
- Take a cooking pan or bowl and pour 2 cups of water and boil. After a minute or so add cumin seeds, red chilies, onion, garlic and tamarind and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the spinach inside the same pan and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- When the spinach got boiled, separate water from the cooked spinach and rest of the ingredients.
- Then put the drained ingredients in a mixer or a blender. And also add cooked toor dhal and salt inside the mixer.
- Grind the ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Pour the smashed spinach toor dhal in a separate serving bowl.
- Spinach toor dhal can be served as a side dish for rice, chappati or roti.
© 2014 Ravi and Swastha