How to make Spinach Toor dhal curry or Palak Sambar South Indian Tamilnadu style
Spinach Toor dhal curry or Palak Sambar South Indian Tamilnadu style
Spinach Toor dhal curry or Palak Sambar
Spinach Toor dhal curry or Palak Sambar South Indian style recipe is another healthy recipe, which I would like to share with all my readers.
Spinach & Toor dhal has unique health benefits. Let’s see the benefits in below specified sections.
Spinach Health benefits:
- Good source of Vitamin A & C
- Vitamin K in it strengthens your bones
- Anti-cancer benefits
- Anti-Inflammatory benefits
- Acts as good antioxidant
Toor dhal Health benefits:
- Good source of Folic acid
- Good source for Protein
- Excellent source for Carbohydrates
- Healthy source for dietary fiber
- Refined oil
- 1 Bunch Spinach, (washed and chopped)
- ¼ cup Toor dhal
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 big Onions, (chopped)
- 1 Tomato, (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2-3 Garlic (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 Red chillies, (broken in to small pieces)
- Place the cooker on Stove. Switch on the flame and heat the cooker. Pour 2 tablespoon of oil and heat the oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. Then add red chillies and saute them for few seconds.
- Put the chopped onions in it. Fry the onions until they become golden brown.
- When the onions have turned golden brown, add chopped tomato in the cooker.
- Fry till the tomato get smashed well.
- Add chopped garlic and turmeric powder, and fry along with the tomato.
- Add Spinach in the cooker. After a minute, add Toor dhal and mix well.
- Pour sufficient amount of water in the cooker for the Toor dhal to cook.
- Close the lid and allow the cooker to give 3 to 4 whistles (based on quality of your Toor dhal to get cooked).
- Switch off the flame and wait till the pressure is released.
- Put the required quantity of salt and mix well.
- Your tasty Spinach Toor dhal curry or Palak Sambar is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with rice or roti or Chapatti.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha