- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Spring Roll and its sauce
An Easy Way to Make Vietnamese Spring Rolls
There are a lot of Vietnamese restaurants in the area I live. We most likely would go to a Vietnamese restaurant when we eat out. We especially love the way they make the beef noodle - Pho. But for spring rolls (or summer rolls), I find the taste of ingredients they use a bit too strong for us. So we like to make our own spring rolls at home.
Ingredients for 10 spring rolls
Rice paper : 10 pieces
shrimp: 1 pond (shelled and deveined)
Carrot: 2 medium (shredded)
iceberg lettuce: half (cut up)
Hoisin Sauce: 4 tablespoons
Peanut Butter: 1 tablespoon
Ketchup: 1 tablespoon
Water: 3-4 cups
How to Make A Spring Roll - Step by Step
- Pour 3 cups of water in a saucepan (must be larger than the rice paper) and bring it to a boil. Add in the shrimps. Turn off the stove when the shrimps are fully cooked. (2-4 minutes, depends on the size of the shrimps)
- Transfer the shrimps to a clean plate/bowl.
- While waiting for the water in the saucepan to cool down a little, heat a small saucepan/pot to make the sauce for dipping. Stir in Hoisin Sauce, peanut butter and ketchup. Use medium heat only for about 1 minute.
- Now the temperature of the water should be at the level where you can put you fingers in. (The water needs to be close to the hot side in order to soften the rice paper) Submerge a rice paper in the water completely. Wait for 10-20 seconds (the hotter the water, the less time you need)
- Transfer the rice paper to a lager plate.
- Add in the shrimp, lettuce and carrot.
- Fold the rice paper, front part first. Make sure to fold it tightly. Then both sides before closing it.
Do not refrigerate the spring rolls because it will harden the rice paper.
Make your own spring rolls by using the ingredients you like. Spring roll is a great food for party. Happy cooking! :)
Do you like spring roll?
Have you ever made your own spring roll?
Watch a video on how to cook fish with an herb - Dill
- How to cook fish with dill
Cook fish with peanut and dill.
Some fun ideas on Home Decor:
- How to cover up the unpleasant space with pictures of your choice
Save money and do it yourself. This wall decor is easy and inexpensive.
- Easy home decor with DIY wall arts that match the colors and shapes of your flowers and cushions on
How to decorate a room? You can create some art works by yourself to decorate your room.
- How to decorate a bathroom within your budget?
Take some time to decorate your bathroom and make it a pleasant place to be in. There are simple, easy and inexpensive ways to decorate your bathroom.
- Best ideas on making bunk beds for Girls sleepovers
Create bunk beds the style that you like and fits your space.