- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Tasty Chettinadu Pepper Chicken Recipe or Chettinadu Chicken Varuval
This hub teaches you how to make tasty Chettinadu Pepper Chicken Recipe or Chettinadu Chicken Varuval. All non-veg lovers would love to cook & taste. Don't miss this yummy recipe.
Before getting into the recipe, lets see the health benefits of chicken.
Health benefits of chicken are as follows:
- Rich in protein
- Acts as good Anti-depressant
- As it's good source of protein, prevents bone loss
- Good source of phosphorus (essential mineral for the body to support central nervous system, liver, kidney, bones and teeth)
- Good source of Selenium
- Has Vitamin B6 or B-Complex vitamins
- Rich in Niacin
Let's get into preparing tasty pepper chicken or Chettinadu Chicken Varuval.
Tasty Chettinadu Pepper Chicken or Chettinadu Chicken Varuval
Chettinadu Chicken Varuval
- 1 kg Chicken, (washed and cut into pieces)
- Refined oil
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Big onion, (finely chopped)
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 2 Tomatoes, (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Thick curd (or Plain Yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves, (for garnishing)
- The first step is to marinate the chicken.
- In a bowl or a vessel, put the chicken pieces and add 2 tablespoon of red chili powder, 1 table spoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, curd or yogurt, 1 teaspoon of oil and mix well.
- Keep this marinated chicken in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Switch on the flame and heat the pan. Pour 2-3 tablespoon of oil and heat the oil
- When the oil is heated; add cloves and cinnamon stick, bay leaf one by one and fry less than a minute.
- Then put the chopped onions in it. Fry them until they become golden brown.
- When the onions have turned golden brown, add curry leaves in to it.
- Along with the curry leaves add ginger-garlic paste and fry along with the onions till the raw smell of the ginger-garlic goes.
- Add tomatoes inside the pan and cook the tomatoes till they are easy to smashed.
- Then add the coriander powder and mix well. Cook them till the raw smell of the powder goes.
- Now we have to add the marinated chicken and mix well with the fried ingredients in the pan.
- Add salt to the chicken that is cooking inside the pan and mix well. Pour little water, close the lid of the pan and allow the chicken to get cooked for at least 10-15 minutes.
- While cooking open the lid and give a stir to the chicken, so that they do not stick to the pan and get burnt. So cook carefully.
- After 15 minutes or so, check whether the chicken is cooked. If the chicken is not cooked yet, allow them to cook giving some stir now and then. Note: This cooking time may vary based on your chicken quality.
- When the oil is separated this indicates the masala is nicely cooked.
- Now it’s the time to add the black pepper powder and mix well.
- There should not be any sign of liquidity in the pepper chicken. It should be thick to have as a side dish.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves. Serve hot as a side dish with any curry, rasam, curd. Also it can be had separately. It will be yummy.
- Note: Add salt and chili powder extra, if u wants your dish to be more spicy. But do it while you are cooking not at the end while serving. As it may not mix well in to your dish.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha