- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
How to make Tasty Spicy Sweet Potato Cubes Recipe
Tasty Spicy Sweet Potato Cubes Recipe
This hub teaches you how to make Tasty Spicy Sweet Potato Cubes Recipe, which is one of the tasty snacks. Moreover it’s easy to prepare. Your kids would love to eat. Try cooking and share your feedback.
Before getting into the cooking instructions, let us see the health benefits of Sweet potato.
Health benefits of Sweet Potato:
- Good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B-complex
- Contains Fiber & Manganese
- Good source of Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus,
- Contains Pottasium, Sodium & Zinc
- Blood sugar-regulating nutrients
Referrence Source URL: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=64
- 4 Boiled Sweet potatoes, (any kind, cut in to small cubes)
- 1 inch Ginger, (finely grated)
- 1 Big Onion, (finely chopped)
- ½ tablespoon Garam masala powder
- ½ tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Red chilli flakes
- Salt, (as required)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Coriander leaves, (for garnishing)
- Switch on the flame and heat the pan. Put butter in the pan and heat it to melt.
- When the butter is heated; put the grated ginger and saute for few seconds and add chopped onions in it. Fry them until they become golden brown.
- When the onions have turned golden brown, add red chilly flakes, garam masala powder, lemon juice, salt and sugar one by one. Saute these ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Finally put the boiled sweet potato cubes and mix well.
- Stir continuously till the sweet potato cubes get slightly fried in the sides.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves. Serve as a starter or snacks. Also it can be taken as a side dish for any main dish.
- Note: Add salt and chilly powder extra, if you want your dish to be spicier. But add it while you are cooking; not at the end while serving. As it may not mix well into your dish. Also for more sweet lovers add extra sugar regarding your need.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha