How to make Uppu Urundai - A Traditional Recipe
Make your kid’s evening snack a healthy and delicious one. Uppu Urundai is a traditional dish and you can easily prepare with everything you have at your home.
Rice flour – 1 cup
Moong Dhal (Paasi parupu)- ½ cup
Dry chillies - 4 nos.
Mustard - As required
Urad dhal - As requires
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 tsp
- Soak the moong dhal in water for one hour.
- Add water to the rice flour and knead it to soft dough. It must have the consistency of idly batter.
- Drain moong dhal.
- Pour oil in a pan, then add mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and moong dhal and fry them for few seconds
- Add this dhal mix to the kneaded dough and mix it well.
- Make small balls and steam in the idly cooker for 10 - 15 minutes.
- It can be served for even snack with chutney.