How to make More Kulambu or White Pumpkin Butter Milk Curry South Indian Tamilnadu Style Recipe
This hub teaches you how to make More Kulambu or White Pumpkin Butter Milk Curry South Indian Tamilnadu Style Recipe. This recipe is one of my favourite recipe.
More Kulambu or White Pumpkin Butter Milk Curry South Indian Style Recipe is another healthy recipe for all my readers. Before getting into the details of the recipe, I would like to share the health benefits of white pumpkin.
Health benefits of White pumpkin are as follows:
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Acts as Anti depressant
- Beneficial for eye health
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Beneficial for Asthma
- Helpful for treating Peptic ulcers
- Protects against Prostate cancer
- Boosts the immune system
- Contains anti-oxidants in the form of Vitamins A, Vitamins C and Vitamins E
- Prevents damage to skin
- Anti aging benefits
- Anti acne benefits
- Beneficial for Oily and dry skin
- Helps in removal old surface of skin cells and helps in new cell production
- Promotes Hair growth
- Suitable for dry and damaged hair
Health benefits Source URL:
More Kulambu or White Pumpkin Butter Milk Curry
More Kulambu or White Pumpkin Butter Milk Curry South Indian Style Recipe
- 1 cup Poosanikai / Ash gourd / White Pumpkin, (chopped into big cubes)
- 1 cup Butter Milk
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Bengal gram / kadalai paruppu, (for Grinding)
- 3 tablespoon Coconut grated, (for Grinding)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds, (for Grinding)
- 2 Red chillies, (for Grinding)
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds, (for Seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon Split black gram, (for Seasoning)
- 2 Dry red chillies, (for Seasoning)
- 4 or 5 Fresh curry leaves, (for Seasoning)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida, (for Seasoning)
- Wash and soak bengal gram for an hour.
- In a pan pour 2 teaspoon of oil. When the oil is hot, put all the given ingredients that are meant for grinding (including the drained bengal gram inside the oil for frying).
- When the coconut has become light golden brown. Place the pan aside to cool.
- Grind the fried ingredients to a fine paste.
- Take a separate vessel and place it on a medium flame. Put the white pumpkin pieces inside and pour little water, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in it and allow them to boil.
- When the pumpkin is cooked drain the water and place the boiled pumpkin in a separate bowl.
- Take the drained water in a separate bowl and pour butter milk, salt in it and mix well.
- Place a separate cooking pan on the flame and pour 1 table spoon of oil inside and allow the oil to heat.
- When the oil is hot put all the ingredients given in the list for seasoning.
- Saute the ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
- Then pour the ground paste inside the pan and stir well.
- After a minute or so. Pour the butter milk inside the pan and mix well.
- Confirm whether the salt is sufficient. If the salt is less add extra salt and mix well.
- Finally add the boiled pumpkin inside and allow the curry to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- When bubbles start appearing, switch off of the stove. Simple and yummy More kulambu or White pumpkin Butter milk curry side dish is ready now. Serve it with white rice.
- Note: Water should be added just 1 cup, if 1 cup of butter milk is used for 1 cup of chopped pumpkin. If you have only curd or yogurt instead of butter milk, mix them well to the pumpkin drained water.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha