How to make a Kamikaze Shot
In this hub I will write how to make the famous kamikaze shot. This shot is extremely popular on the club scene, along with the pregame, or after dinner drink. Overall it is a great drink that taste good, and as said before is very popular. Hopefully you find this hub useful, and helpful in making the Kamikaze.
- 2/5 shot Triple Sec, I use Hiram Walker
- 2/5 shot Vodka, I use Smirnoff
- 1/5 shot Lime Juice
- Before I start the making process, I would like to say that a normal set of ingredients calls for 1 ounce of each liquid, but my directions will teach you how to make enough Kamikaze for 1 shot.
- The first thing that you need to do is make sure you have a couple ice cubes, and a mixer. You can also chill the Triple Sec, and Vodka, but you will still need a mixer, or shaker.
- First off measure about 2/5 of a shot or both vodka, and Triple Sec, and pour them into your mixer with ice.
- Now shake vigorously until both liquids are mixed, and chilled.
- Take the two liquids that are now chilled and mixed, and pour them into a shot glass. This should fill a majority of the shot glass especially that it is mixed with the ice.
- Now that the shot glass is filled hopefully 4/5 of the way, your last 1/5 should be filled with lime juice.
- Usually I would say you should mix the lime juice along with the other drinks, but I found that the overall shot taste batter if you add the lime juice after into the shot glass.
- Also I would like to add that you should not add a full 1/5 of a shot glass of lime juice but more along the lines of a splash of lime juice mainly for the flavor.
- Now that your shot is made, you should be able to enjoy your Kamikaze, and enjoy the drink.
- If you are making the shots for you + someone else, then you should do 1 ounce of vodka, 1 ounce of Triple sec, and about 1/5-2/5 of a shot of lime juice to the shot. This will allow the drink to be for 2, and if you shake in ice, a little more than 2 shots. In this case mix all ingredients together, and pour into a shot glass, unlike above where you only chill the triple sec and vodka.