How to make a Mango Float - Easy Recipe
How to make a Mango Float
One of my favorite Filipino desserts. YUMMY!
Mango float is a popular dessert in the Philippines. It also goes by the names; crema de Mangga, mango royale, mango icebox cake, mango graham cake, mango graham float, or mango refrigerator cake. A Filipino icebox cake made of graham crackers, all-purpose or whipped cream, condensed milk, and ripe mangoes.
It is made by creating layers upon layers of graham crackers, graham crumbs, all-purpose cream or whipped cream, and ripe mangoes in a rectangular container. It is chilled for a few hours. Then cut into smaller squares before serving.
It’s an easy recipe and it doesn't even need to bake. Although I love baking but it’s nice to have a quick and easy recipe. This is a refreshing dessert for the whole family.
- 1 box graham crackers
- 2 small cans all purpose cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 piece large ripe mango
- 1 box Graham crumbs, (optional)
- Peel the ripe mangoes, slice it into thin strips. Set aside.
- Beat the all-purpose cream until smooth in a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk in the all-purposed cream and beat until light and fluffy. Mix it well until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the graham crackers on a rectangular container that will fit the whole area, cut some to fit in the container. Fill in the gap with the crushed graham crackers.
- Spread the well combined all-purpose cream and condensed milk on the top of graham crackers in the rectangular container.
- Repeat by placing another graham cracker on top of the well combined all-purpose cream and condensed milk. Fill in the gap again with the crushed graham crackers.
- Repeat by spreading another well combined all-purpose cream and condensed milk on top of the graham crackers.
- On the top portion, add the mango strips and spread evenly. Sprinkle it with little crushed graham.
- Cover and chill for at least 5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I prefer to put graham crumbs and mango strips layer by layer.
- Also, you can make as many layers as you want.
- You can also use an electric mixer to beat the all-purpose cream and combined it with the condensed milk.
- I also prefer to chill it overnight.
- You will know it is ready when the Graham becomes soft and fluffy and no longer dry.
- I used a peeler to slice the mango to have a uniform thickness.
© 2020 Paul Christian Labor