- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make a Mexican crab salad
What is a Mexican crab salad?
A Mexican crab salad is a traditional Mexican seafood salad that can go with a variety of different ingredients it can be made with vegetables which is the main ingredient it can also go with shrimp or pasta if it is preferred. Thus deliciously Mexican seafood dish is perfect for a dinner with family or a extravagant party.
How much would you recommend this crab salad?
Facts about the Mexican crab salad....
- The crab meat that is mostly used to make the Mexican crab salad is called surimi.
- Imitation crab meat contains some filler, flavoring, and color it makes the imitation meat more similar to crab legs.
- The imitation crab meat can be utilized in many recipes.
- The crab meat contains several nutrients that are part of a healthy diet.
Other ways to eat imitation crab
Surprisingly there are a ton of recipies that can be done with imitation crab salad here are some that cached my eyes.
Imitation crab with stuffing- is a rather soft seafood recipe that anyone can try better yet with stuffing.
Easy imitation crab salad- this type of crab salad is done with imitation crab meat, eggs, and rice its a one of a kind.
Stuffed sole imitation crab- just add a inexpensive fish that is cooked, the imitation crab meat plus some cut ready veggies and salad is ready to eat and enjoy.
- Prep time: 1 hour 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 45 min
- Yields: serves up to 6 or more people.
⭐What you need for this recipe⭐
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 half onion, purple or white, chopped
- 1 half cilantro, chopped
- 3 lemons, chopped in half each
- salt, only one tablespoon not a lot so it wont turn salty
How to make it
- Separate with your hands all of the imitation crab meat until it is in thinner pieces in a medium bowl.
- Prepare two tomatoes, one onion, and a half of green cilantro.
- Start cutting the two tomatoes, and onion into smaller squares then the cilantro into smaller thinner pieces.
- Once all of the vegetables are chopped and ready mix all of the ingredients with the imitation crab meat. Sprinkle some salt all around the imitation Mexican crab salad.
- Get three green lemons cut them in half and squirt some onto the salad to add some flavor to the salad and to avoid the plain flavor of it.
My experience on doing Mexican crab salad
This Mexican crab salad recipe was passed down to me by my mom and learning to make this salad was a good experience for me because it has helped me learn more about the Mexican food and be more proud of my heritage. The Mexican imitation crab salad is easy to make and it can also be a good healthy food option for lunch at work or school.
Another way to do Mexican imitation crab salad
The calorie numbers in different crab salads
Immitation crab eggs
Mel's crab salad
Imitation crabmeat salad