How to make a homemade Protein Bar from scratch
Protein Bars and Squares
Please rate this recipe
This simple recipe can be made up in a snap. Add some or all or different ingredients of your choice. Healthier than bought bars and packed full of tastes that you and your children will love.
The bars or squares make a hearty snack for school or work. Or serve as squares with morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- I cup Dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Combine flax seeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, or nuts/seeds of your choice
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries or dried fruit such as cranberries, optional
- 5 cups Granola , bran or oatmeal, or mix 2 or 3 together
- 1/2 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup Smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence or cinnamon
- On medium heat stir sugar and honey until melted and gently bubbling, add peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla or 1 tsp cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in other ingredients, stirring until combined. Turn into foil lined 8x8 baking pan and press down. Allow to set overnight in refridgerator. Cut into squares or bars. Keep in airtight container or freeze.