How to make a Turkish Coffee
Turkish/Greek Style Coffee For One Person
Whether you call it a Turkish coffee or Greek coffee, this coffee is made with finely ground coffee beans. You can have it with sugar or without. It has a very rich flavour and it requires a coffee pot called a briki. The coffee cup is small which means the coffee itself should be sipped slowly if you want to get the full flavour. Whatever you do, make sure not to get a mouth full of the mud from the bottom of the cup. Actually, when I was young I use to dip my finger in the mud and lick it off. Because of its really strong falvour I prefer it with sugar.
- 1 small coffee cup of water
- 1 heaped teaspoon of coffee
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Stir the coffee mixture on low heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Let it simmer until the coffee begins to rise and foam up. This may take around 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it settle and then place it back on heat again, letting it rise once more.
- Remove from heat and pour into coffee cup - enjoy
It's as Simple as That
There you go, simple, quick and easy. Enjoy, and remember don't drink the mud at the bottom, yuck.