How to make a delicious fudge pie
This fudge pie recipe was my mother's favorite. She made it every Thanksgiving and Christmas and even a few times throughout the year. Everyone begged her to make it because it's so rich and delicious!
She passed it on to me, but I'm not sure where she got it originally. The community cookbooks, such as church and chamber of commerce type cookbooks were some of her favorites, so it could have come from there.
I'm sure it's not a super-secret recipe because she never told me to hide it in my underwear drawer or to eat it if I was captured, so I think it's safe to share it here. Enjoy!
- 1/2 stick of butter (I use margarine)
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar and cocoa mixing well. No lumps!
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs and stir but do not beat.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Mix but do not beat.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 25 more minutes.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired!