How to Make a Delicious Pecan Chocolate Pie for Valentine Day
The ingredients for sweet crispy dough:
1 bag of powdered sugar - 200 g
2 cups flour
200 grams of cold butter cut into cubes
How to make the dough:
1. Mix flour with powdered sugar.
2. Add the butter cubes and process into a crumb mixture
3. Add the yolks and process until soft and pleasant (and delicious) dough is obtained.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for about half an hour, until it hardens slightly and can be worked with.
5. Roll the dough into a leaf larger than the mold diameter and flatten it over the mold and sides. Clamp with your hands and cut the leftover dough, puncture the dough with a fork and return to refrigerate for another half hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the dough (without the filling) for about 15 minutes until the dough is golden and remove from the oven.
The ingredients for the filling:
2 cups of sweet cream
200 grams of fine dark chocolate
300 grams of pecan nuts
How to make the filling:
1. Place the chocolate in a bowl when broken into pieces.
2. Heat the sweet cream to a boil and pour into the bowl with the chocolate.
3. After a minute, mix well until smooth liquid is obtained.
4. Prune the eggs well and pour into the chocolate mixture in a thin stream while stirring (so that no chunks of egg are cooked through the heat).
5. Sprinkle the pecan over the dough.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie pan and bake in a 180-degree oven for about 20 minutes until the pie is firm.
7. After baking let the pie cool completely before cutting it.
You can use the filling with any kind of nuts you like and you can also substitute the dark chocolate in milk or white chocolate, or mix it up with some chocolate.
The finle result will come out delicious anyway.
How do you like your pie?
Answer in the comments section below.
© 2020 Liat Zachs