How to make a great Cup O' Joe
How to make a great cup o' joe
The Beauty of Coffee
If you're a coffee fan, there really isn't anything quite like the perfect cup of coffee. We all have our usual way to make it or the perfect place we stop on our long or short ride to or from work. I can honestly say it is the first thing I think of in the morning. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but all I know is it helps me get through busy days when my feet are dragging.
All along I have been using a regular coffee pot, the one that makes twelve cups of coffee and I can program it before I go to bed so I wake up to that sweet aroma in the morning, but my regular routine has been switched and I will tell you why.... a French Press.
The french press is also known as a coffee press or coffee plunger. Sure, there are a few more steps and maybe you have to wait a little longer but the flavor and fullness of the coffee that the french press makes is so satisfying. It's very simple to use and clean.
The coffee is steeped for a few minutes like tea as opposed to the water dripping quickly through the coffee. This way, all of the oils are extracted from your coffee grounds and kept in your actual coffee giving it that full-bodied rich flavor.
- 2-6 teaspoons Coffee
- Boiling Water
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
How to make the perfect cup o'Joe
- Boil Water on your stovetop making however many cups you desire.
- Take your teaspoon and add equal parts of finely ground coffee into the bottom of the french press Example: 2 teaspoons=2 cups 6 teaspoons= 6 cups
- Once water boils pour water into the french press over the coffee grounds about 2 inches from the top of the French Press
- Use a wooden spoon to mix coffee grounds to make sure they are submerged in the water
- Set timer between 4-6 minutes depending on how rich and strong you want your coffee, Do not press down on the press until timer is up. The coffee must steep in the boiling water.
- Once the timer is up, press down the press slowly and now your coffee is ready to be served!