How to make a good Indian nice cup of tea
How to make a good indian tea in 10 mins
A good tea is the best possible start of the day. Not only it makes you fresh but also prepare you for the day's hard work. As most of Indian, I am also fond of good, nicely prepared tea. Ever since I have come to UK, I am starving to get good Indian tea even in very expensive hotel. I was surprised to see that even good Indian restaurants do not prepare authentic Indian tea. So I dedicate this hub to all those Indians abroad to make good Indian home made tea.
Ingredients: For 1 cup of tea;
- half cup of water
- 2 table spoon of sugar (as per you choice, if you are diabetic, you can choose sugar free tablets)
- 1 and 1/2 table spoon of Assam or Darjeeling tea
- 3/4 cup of milk (prefer toned milk with less fat).
- 5-6 cardamom seeds
- 10 -20 gram ginger
Before you start preparing, chop ginger in very small pieces. Also grind cardamom to rough powder.
Other posts by the author:
Directions for preparation:
- Put the kettle with water on gas stove with lower flame.
- Add tea to it when the water start boiling.
- Now increase the flame level and add grinded cardamom to it. Please make sure that you allow the water to boil with tea first for 2 minutes then add cardamom.
- After 2 minutes, add chopped ginger to it. If it is winter or if you are having cold, you can increase the quantity of ginger.
- Wait for 2 minutes and then add sugar..
- Let it boil for another 2 minutes on high flame and then half cup of milk to it. Quantity of milk should depend on your choice as some people like less milk in their tea.
- Lower the flame level and leave it to boil for another 5 minutes.
Here is your good, home made Indian tea to serve. Don't forget to have some Indian snacks with it. I prefer some namkeen.
If you want to make black tea, you can leave milk and can add some lemon after pouring the tea in cup and stir it well.
After writing this hub, I cannot control myself to go and prepare 1 cup for myself.
If you have some suggestion or comment, please use the comment box below.