How To Make a Pavlova
Pavlova is most certainly my favourite desert. My mum used to make one if we had friends to visit and it always tasted heavenly! I like my pavlova to be very crunchy on the outside and to have a marshmallow consistency on the inside. I also like my pavlova to be deep and have loads of cream on top. I have tasted lots of store bought pavlova and they usually just don't seem to get it right or should I say the way I like it!
The recipe below is my mums no fail recipe and unless you do something drastically wrong it always works!
- 8 Eggs, Organic is best
- 16oz Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 dgrees
- Prepare a large flat tin with greaseproof paper
- Seperate the 8 eggs and put the egg whites in your mixer.
- Whisk egg whites till stiff
- Gradually add in caster sugar while beating and then beat till stiff and shiney (about 5mins) add cornflower and vinegar and beat for 1 more minute.
- Pile mixture onto tray and spread into a circle shape but keeping it about 2 inches deep. Smooth of the top.
- Put into preheated oven and cook for 15mins at 150 and then turn down and cook for a further 1 1/2 hrs at 120. Then turn of the oven and leave to cool.
- When you remove it from the oven gently turn upside down being careful not to crack your pavlova. Then gently peel of the greaseproof paper in strips. Use this side to pile on some whipping cream and fruit of your choice.