- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
How to make Aloo Mutter and Bhindi Masala |Easy Indian Recipes
Easy Indian Recipes
Are you looking out for some easy Indian recipes such as the aloo masala recipe or the bhindi masala recipe? Read on below to find out how to make the famous aloo mutter. The bhindi masala is a famous ladies fingers recipe. These easy and simple Indian vegetarian recipes are fairly straight-forward to make and fun to eat. They also don't take too long to make.
'Eat and the world eats with you, cook and you cook alone!'
There are two types of people in the world - those who like to cook and those who don't! But cooking can be quite fun and sometimes therapeutic. Some people do use it as an opportunity to spend a half hour totally forgetting all problems and issues they face and concentrating on creating a good meal. And the best part is of course the good meal.
Eating out is easy, but the charm of a home cooked meal is its own. Here are a couple of good easy Indian recipes. If you are looking for some simple potato recipes or peas recipes then try the aloo mutter. If you love ladies fingers' or okra then the bhindi masala recipe is for you.
Try this famous recipe from North India to make aloo mutter. By the way, aloo is potato and mutter is peas.
How to make Aaloo Mutter
1 ½ kgs Small potatoes -- halved
1/4 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
1 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
2 pinches chilli powder
1 tablespoon cumin seed
2 tablespoon oil
1 3/4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup frozen peas ( thawed)
3 pinches finely chopped coriander leaves.
1. Parboil potatoes for 5 minutes in lightly salted water.
2. Drain and set potatoes aside.
3. In a large pan, sauté turmeric, cumin powder, and chilli powder
and cumin seed in oil.
4. Add potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes with spices.
5. Add tomatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes.)
6. Stir in peas, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with hot chapattis
Bhindi Masala Recipe
By the way bhindi refers to ladies fingers' or okra. So if you are searching for some Indian okra recipes or ladies fingers' recipes this is one.
1/4 cup oil
1 large onion finely chopped
2 nos garlic cloves, minced
2 nos fresh green chillies, chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon cumin (ground)
2 1/2 - 3 kgs bhindi (ladies fingers')
Add salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion, garlic & chillies.
2. Fry the above ingredients over medium heat till they turn
brown in colour.
3. Stir in turmeric & cumin & fry for 2 minutes.
4. Mix in the ladies finger & add salt as per taste.
5. Cover, reduce heat & simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring
occasionally to prevent burning
This fried okra recipe is fun to make and good to taste!
Serve hot with plain rice or chapattis.
Enjoy cooking these easy Indian recipes. Both the aloo mutter recipe and the bhindi masala recipe are fairly simple recipes.