How to make an old-fashion coconut cream pie.
Well this is the one I have anyway...:o)
1- 9 in.unbaked pie crust
1 tbslp. softened butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp.vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Whipped Cream for topping
1. Prepare pie crust. Rub unbaked crust with softened butter or margarine, refrigerate. Prepare oven to 425 degrees.
* *Before pouring in the milk mixture sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut, either flaked or shredded over bottom of pie crust.
2. In medium bowl with wire whisk or hand mixer, beat remaining ingredients. except garnish (whipped cream)
3. Place pie pan on oven rack and pour milk mixture into piecrust.
4. Bake 20 - 25 minutes until knife inserted, about 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cool
5. Garnish cooled pie with whipped cream and enjoy . note...you can also toast some coconut and speinkle on top of whipped cream..or fold some flaked into the whipped cream.
G-Ma :o) hugs