How to make easy chocolate chip muffin cupcakes
Ever wondered how to make chocolate chip muffin cupcakes? They really are very easy to make and pretty "healthy". By healthy, I mean healthier then other cakes but not quite as healthy as a fresh green salad! It is not too sweet as a recipe and although I always use the sugar if you are really health conscious you could probably reduce that. This is a very easy recipe that the kids can easily make themselves.
This recipe is different to other chocolate chip cakes. I make it using a Cadbury milk chocolate rather then chocolate chips. I also do not melt the chocolate but chop into tiny pieces which then melt when cooked. I do not use the cocoa powder to turn the muffins brown either so this chocolate chip muffin recipe is a bit different to the traditional one.
This recipe makes around 10-12 small cupcakes.
I use the silicone molds for these cupcakes since I find them easier to take out rather then other molds.
- 250g Plain White Flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g milk chocolate
- 100g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Grease the cupcake dish or prepare the silicone moulds
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Add the vanilla, milk, egg and oil.
- Mix the whole mixture with a spatula in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake dish or moulds. Do not overfill each cup since they need a lot of space to expand.
- Cook for 20 minutes and check with a skewer. Insert skewer in cupcake and if its done it should come out clean.
- Serve while still warm.