- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
How to make easy chocolate chip muffin cupcakes
Ever wondered how to make chocolate chip muffin cupcakes? They really are very easy to make and pretty "healthy". By healthy, I mean healthier then other cakes but not quite as healthy as a fresh green salad! It is not too sweet as a recipe and although I always use the sugar if you are really health conscious you could probably reduce that. This is a very easy recipe that the kids can easily make themselves.
This recipe is different to other chocolate chip cakes. I make it using a Cadbury milk chocolate rather then chocolate chips. I also do not melt the chocolate but chop into tiny pieces which then melt when cooked. I do not use the cocoa powder to turn the muffins brown either so this chocolate chip muffin recipe is a bit different to the traditional one.
This recipe makes around 10-12 small cupcakes.
I use the silicone molds for these cupcakes since I find them easier to take out rather then other molds.
- 250g Plain White Flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g milk chocolate
- 100g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Grease the cupcake dish or prepare the silicone moulds
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Add the vanilla, milk, egg and oil.
- Mix the whole mixture with a spatula in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake dish or moulds. Do not overfill each cup since they need a lot of space to expand.
- Cook for 20 minutes and check with a skewer. Insert skewer in cupcake and if its done it should come out clean.
- Serve while still warm.