How to make dairy-free fruit sorbet with a blender
A super, easy, healthy alternative to ice-cream and sherbet
Fruit sorbet is a tasty alternative to ice cream or sherbet that are made with milk, cream, eggs and sometimes gelatin*, which is made from animal protein. Fruit sorbet is easy to make (even a kid can do it), and you can be as creative as you like by choosing your favorite fruits and juices to create mouthwatering flavors. If you are watching your fat intake, you will be pleased to know that sorbet is a fat-free dessert that derives most of its calories from sugar. It is perfect for people that enjoy dairy-free and gluten-free diets. Sorbet is a cool summer treat for the whole family or a light dessert to complete a meal.
- 1 bag frozen fruit of your choice, (strawberry, peach, mango, etc)
- 3-5 tablespoons concentrated fruit juice or other sweetener, ( to taste)
- 1/2 or 1 whole banana, (makes sorbet creamier)
- Blend fruit, juice and sugar together in a blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture into a plastic container with a lid and freeze overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove container from freezer and enjoy.