- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
How to make delicious sausage lasagna
Get prepared for lasagna
Do you really need to cook a delicious lasagna for your family without all the effort and time?
Here are some time saving tips to make a great tasting lasagna saving effort and time!
Buy your lasagna ingredients a day before.Prepare the following ingredients before you start
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves sliced garlic
- 11/2 pounds sausage , casings removed
- 1 pound roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat then add oil
- Put green pepper, onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes, continuous stirring.
- Add sausage and cook until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking apart with a spoon.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vinegar and all seasoning.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend ricotta and egg then add grated parmesan cheese and keep mixing.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese and the black pepper.
- Place 1 cup sauce on bottom of cooking pan.
- Top with 3 noodles without overlaping.
- Top with 3/4 cup of the ricotta mix and 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spread 1 more cup of the sauce, then 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Top sauce with 3 more noodles, then top with remaining ricotta.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover dish and bake for more 20 minutes to get a cool brown colour.